As part of the ‘Get Creative at Home Festival’ Create Together has partnered up with North Somerset Council to share a different craft activity for you to create with items found at home, in your garden or on your daily walk.
This week I have made and painted a ‘low cost’ vibrant paper mache bowl with items I found at home.
Week 2. Paper mache bowl
- PVA glue or wallpaper paste
- cling film
- bowl or dish
- Paint, I used Acrylic
- varnish optional
- cover your chosen bowl with a layer of cling film, this helps prevent the paper mache sticking to the bowl
- tear your newspaper into thin strips
- mix your PVA glue into a solution of half PVA glue and half water
- cover each strip of newspaper with PVA then stick onto the bowl, completely cover the bowl overlapping the paper
- let dry and repeat. you will need approx 8 layers.
- lift the paper-mache from the bowl and remove cling film
- decorate you bowl with your chosen design
- Varnish bowl – optional