Add some 70’s sunshine to your walls
- flat piece of wood – found in my shed
- wool, string or coloured threads
- pannel pins, small nails or tacks
- template – photocopied the outline
- Choose an image or pattern that has fairly straightforward outlines.
- If you have a home printer print of the image – draw by hand if you do not have a printer.
- Cut around the outer edge of your template.
- Position on wood and lightly draw around template.
- With a hammer lightly bang in the nails – see picture below, all the way around your template. Leaving equal spacings between each nail.
- Begin by tying one end of your wool around a nail, leaving a tail.
- Wrap the wool around the nails by criss crossing each time you change direction. This will create a web effect. Pull the wool tightly to avoid sagging then tie off when you have created the effect you want. Carefully snip of any loose ends.
- You can layer up different colours and textures with your wool to create different designs.