As part of the ‘Get Creative at Home Festival’ Create Together has partnered up with North Somerset Council to share a different craft activity for you to create with items found at home, in your garden or on your daily walk.
This week I have made a Natural Dreamcatcher with items found in my garden and home.
Week 4. Natural Dreamcatcher
- 3 sticks approx 30 cm long
- garden twine or string
- assorted feathers, shells, beads, crystals for decoration
- Tie the ends of the sticks together using some of the twine to make a triangle frame.
- Tie a secure knot at one end of the triangle frame and loop the twine as shown in the diagram below.
- Continue to loosely loop the twine around the edge of the whole frame.
- When you get to your starting point you now need to loop the twine through each of the inner loops which you have just created. Remember to keep your twine loose.
- Continue to do this until you have been around the frame 4/5 times.
- Now you are ready to pull the twine really tight to create your web. Tie off with a double knot.
- You are now ready to decorate your dreamcatcher. Cut desired lengths of twine. Thread on your beads, crystals, shells and feathers. Tie them to one edge of the triangle so they hang freely.
- To finish off tie a loop at the top of you dreamcatcher ready to hang up.